What starts out with fireworks and plenty of sparks between co-hosts and elite dual producers, Garrett J and Danielle K White, segues beautifully into the topic of Gratitude which has the power to change everything.
Every week married couple Danielle K and Garrett J White share insights and perspectives from within their own lives regarding the following topics discussed each month:
Week 1: Sex
Week 2: Money
Week 3: Parenting
Week 4: Communication
This Week’s Podcast…COMMUNICATION In
Point #1: WHAT IS A STACK?
- A Stack is a series of questions with five variations (Mega, Angry, Happy, Gratitude, Production) that Garrett originally created three years ago to deal with “my fucking rage.” These questions alter the way you are experiencing different relationships, events, and triggers in your life.
- One of the challenges men have is the inability to express emotion and end up suppressing them, which is the way society has taught, trained and educated men to do over the past 100 years. The whole point of the Stack is to allow you to release the energy that you’re feeling, whether you’re fucking raging, angry, triggered, or happy and get someone to their truth.
As a man, what has been your experience with sharing your emotions and feelings?
Point #2: IMPACT
- There are five different Stacks which serve different purposes. You’ve got the Mega and Angry Stack which allow you to release your rage & emotions, followed by the Happy and Gratitude Stacks, and then finally the Production Stack.
- The Gratitude Stack requires you to deliberately pause and look back and serves as a powerful tool of connection with your spouse and children. As Garrett has shared these with his children as part of the Core 4 game, he has witnessed first-hand the immense impact it has had on them individually and upon their relationship.
How has expressing gratitude for your spouse and children affected your relationship with them?
Point #3: THE GIFT OF GRATITUDE
- Danielle shares how expressing gratitude gives you a different perspective: “There are going to be times in your life when you feel like you are in a dark place and it’s hard to snap out of that. You start to see the world through a negative lens.”
- “If you take a step back and begin appreciating the good moments, it gives you this sense of gratitude and everything begins to change. It puts life in a different perspective.”
What do you notice when you step back and begin seeing life through the lens of gratitude?
Point #4: INSPIRED
- From his Gratitude Stack about Danielle, Garrett received these insights and revelations about their marriage and how he feels about her: “Marital and mutual respect is something that takes a long time to uncover, and once it’s found, it’s priceless and profound.”
- “I sit and look at my wife while five months pregnant and am just inspired. I’m inspired by what it is to be pregnant and have your body do what it does with a little person inside of you who is growing. But of all the things that hits home the most is that she can make the baby AND also smash the shit out of life.”
What about your spouse inspires you?
Point #5: FROM THEN TO NOW
- Garrett: What makes this pregnancy different from the others is I am grateful for what we’ve become as a couple. In the past, I isolated myself and didn’t know how to deal with the whole pregnancy thing.
- Danielle: When you look back to how it was eight years ago with our last pregnancy during scary and uncertain times, things are so different this time. We know we’re in a good place right now with life and with marriage, and we’re excited about the next chapter.
As you step back and look where you’ve been compared to where you are now, what has changed?
Discuss the art of collision and the ability to hold space for your spouse during
intense& direct conversations.
Date Night Topic:
Make Gratitude the topic of your next Date Night. Share examples and stories of gratitude with each other. If you have access to the Gratitude Stack, do a Stack on each other and then share it during your date.
*Keep an eye out for the summer release of the Attack With the Stack Series.
Quote of the Week:
“Gratitude is the ability to look back: here’s where we are, here’s where we were, and let’s be grateful for what is.”
—Garrett J White
“When you’re in a space of gratitude, nothing can get you down. Use it as a protective shield for yourself and your family, and to ultimately feel more powerful in life. When I’m in that space, I feel unstoppable.”
—Danielle K White