*REPEAT EPISODE FROM NOVEMBER 2018* As highly successful producers, Danielle and Garrett have a conversation about their business growth, their goals for the upcoming year, and how they are going to simplify the game moving forward.
Every week married couple Danielle and Garrett J White share insights and perspectives from within their own lives regarding the following topics discussed each month:
Week 1: Sex
Week 2: Money
Week 3: Parenting
Week 4: Communication
In This Week’s Podcast….MONEY
Point #1: Cleaning House
- Danielle spent a portion of the year stepping outside of her business, watching it explode in growth, but at the same time, realizing she may have stepped out a little too far.
- The goal of 2019 inside of Wake Up Warrior is to unify the men, tighten up the game, and simplify it.
What areas of your life can you tighten up as we head into 2019?
Point #2: The Money Game
- During the early years of their marriage, Danielle and Garrett were both working. Garrett was paying the bills and Danielle was stockpiling money.
- While Danielle’s father paid the bills, her mother paid for their lifestyle. Garrett’s parents had the agreement that his mom would stay home with the kids, which she wanted, and his father would pay the bills.
What role did your parents play in the money game when you were growing up? What role do you play?
Point #3: Mommy Guilt
- Many women wonder how they can work because it will take time away from their kids. It’s Danielle’s belief that working makes women less crazy.
- Danielle: If you feel like you want to pursue those passions and talents of yours, do it. It’s my belief that it makes you a different and a better person.
As a wife and mother, what would be possible for your life if you began pursuing some of your passions and talents outside of the home?
Point #4: Different AND Equal
- Back in the day, the economic engine of life was the home where both the man and the woman were producers. Upon the arrival of the Industrial Revolution, a rift took place within the fabric of the home.
- The trend that Garrett sees happening inside of this conversation of money is that women are seeing themselves as a vital piece of the production game, and at the same time, they don’t want to do it alone.
How do you view your roles as producers?
Point #5: Power and Stress
- A lot of men begin to feel inadequate if their wives are working, and it’s actually very frightening for them. They are weak men who get threatened by their wives having any kind of power.
- Garrett’s goal and target is to always make 10x more than Danielle. Danielle: Garrett deserves to make ten times the amount I do because I’m not willing to take on that stress.
As a man, how are your feelings of inadequacy affecting your relationship with your wife?
Have a discussion about your current roles inside of your marriage. What would you like to change as you move into 2019?
Date Night Topic:
What are your passions and desires as a couple? What would you like to do together in 2019? Get out your calendars and start making plans.
Quote of the Week:
“If a woman controls sex AND money, it leaves a guy in a very interesting place. He has to be very confident and certain as a man.”
—Garrett J White
“Maybe I could have been the best damn version of me had I not worked, but In my experience, me working has made our relationship better.”
—Danielle K White